Dr L Tomar, the best Orthopaedic surgeon in New Delhi has more than 24 years of experience in Orthopaedics. He is an eminent personality in field of invasive and non-invasive Orthopaedic procedures and his expertise lies in providing complete patient care while performing all involved surgical and non surgical procedures with complete precision. The referrals of complex cases of Orthopaedic patients by leading doctors for second opinion, surgical intervention and testimonials of the patients speak of his expertise in understanding and delivering quality Orthopaedic services.
Having attended many prestigious International and National Orthopaedic Workshops and Conferences both in India and abroad, his rich surgical and clinical experience is backed by fellowship of FICS – USA – (Fellowship International College of Surgeons) – a global organization that is dedicated towards bringing together surgical specialists and surgeons of all nations to promote surgical excellence
Besides he also has fellowship of FASIF – AO Switzerland – a leading and globally recognized Fellowship Association of Surgeons for handling intricate issues related to internal fixation.
Area of Expertise
Dr L Tomar has collaborations with doctors in USA, SWITZERLAND, GERMANY, U.K and AUSTRALIA and frequently visits there, which helps him bringing in INDIA the latest technology and procedures in field of orthopaedics for benefit of patients. He is one of few surgeons operating from India, who have the expertise to perform very complex of surgeries in the Orthopaedic field. He has gained mastery in surgeries, namely, Spine Surgery (Balloon Kyphoplasty/Vertebroplasty, Lumbar Laminectomy and Lumbar Microdiscectomy), Primary Arthoplasty & Revision Arthoplasty (Hip & knee).
Known for his sound clinical judgment and fine surgical skills, Dr. L. Tomar has many International and National memberships of reputed institutions to his credit. These include:
- Member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Membership AOSpine Asia Pacific
- Member of AO Alumni Association Switzerland
- Member of International College of Surgeons, USA
- Member of Indian Arthroplastry Association
- Member of Alumni Association Dundee University, UK
- Member of Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Member of Indian Hip and Knee Surgeons, Society
- Member of Spine Surgeons of India
- Delhi Medical Council Reg No. 14493
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
Expanding Horizons in Field of Orthopaedics
Having a keen understanding and insight in the field of Orthopaedics, Dr. L. Tomar further sharpened and enhanced his skills in this field while working with Ninewells Hospital and Perth Royal Infirmiry (affiliated with Dundee University, Scotland, UK), leading and internationally recognized institutions in the field of Heath Care. This tenure helped him in expanding his horizons in the field of Primary – Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries and Minimally Invasive Computer Assisted Navigation Joint Replacement Surgeries.
MCh Degree in Ortho from University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Dr L Tomar was awarded with MCh Degree in Ortho by University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, which is world’s leading university in the field of orthopaedics and in carrying out ‘internationally leading’ research activities.
MS Degree in Ortho from Meerut University, Meerut:
Dr L Tomar was one of the most promising and bright doctor from the beginning of his career. He gained his MS degree from one of the most recognized colleges in medical field – LLRM Medical College, Meerut.
International Conferences Attended –
Dr L Tomar has also attended a series of reputed international conferences in the field of Orthopaedics. Some of these include:
- AOSpine Advances Course in Lumbar Degenerative Deformity, September 2012, Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia
- AOSpine Advances Course in Lumbar Degenerative Disc Desease, September 2012, Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia
- Fellowship Programme in Revision Hip & Knee Arthoplasty with Prof. Graichen at Asklepios Klinik Lindenlohe GMBH at Germany in 2012.
- AOSpine Master Symposium, September 2012, Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia
- Clinical Training of Percutaneous Discectomy for lumbar and cervical Nucleoplasty procedures, Singapore General Hospital and April 2010
- Computer Assisted Surgery for total knee replacement, total hip replacement (TKR & THR) and articular surface replacement (ASR), St. Vincent Hospital and Education Centre, Melbourne, Australia in December 2007
- Intelligent Knee Surgery training in June 2006, SGH, Singapore
Dr L Tomar has successfully performed approximately 20,000 surgeries in his professional capacity with in a span of 20 yrs which includes 2000 spine surgeries and over 1500 joint replacement (hip and knee surgeries). Presently Dr. Tomar is working as a Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj, Delhi, which is among the leading hospitals in the field of Orthopaedic care.
Awards & Accolades
The dedicated and consistent efforts made by Dr L Tomar in the field of Orthopaedics has helped in his services getting well recognized and appreciated amongst the medical fraternity. For this outstanding contribution, he has also been facilitated many a times by globally recognized and reputed institutions. Some of the list of awards and recognitions he has received for his path breaking and innovative approach in the field of Orthopaedics include:
- Global Healthcare Excellence Award 2013 for Best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Delhi & NCR, By Prime Time Research Media Private Limited
- Distinguished Service Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Orthopaedics, On Doctors Day – 2009 by IMA (Indian Medical Association) New Delhi
- Indian Hall of Fame (Medicare) Award 2005, By All India Achievers Conference, New Delhi (In recognition of outstanding services to society and excellence in Orthopaedic profession)
- Chikitsak Ratna Award, November 2004
- Distinguished Service Award, By IMA (Indian Medical Association), New Delhi In recognition for outstanding contribution in field of Orthopaedics – Doctors Day – 2003)
- Rashtriya Ratna Shyiromani Award, December 2002
- Manav Seva Samman, 2001, New Delhi