Joint replacement is also called as replacement arthroplasty and the joint replacement surgery is also termed as Orthopaedic surgery. These surgeries are done generally, to replace the joint that is dysfunctional, with the help of an orthopedic prosthesis. Dr L Tomar is considered to be a best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Delhi, India, having performed more than five thousand joint replacement procedures so far.
We, usually, need to go through the surgery suffering from the dysfunction or severe joint pain and if the pain and other problem are not relieved from the normal and less-invasive therapies do need this joint replacement surgery in delhi. Other important indications are
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint stiffness
- Osteonecrosis or Avascular Necrosis
- Shallow hip socket or Acetabular dysplasis
- Congenital Dislocation of the joints
- Loose shoulder or Frozen shoulder
- Malaigned and traumatized joint
Procedure by Best Joint Replacement Surgeon in Delhi
Before the surgery is started, the patient is given anesthesia. As the technology of the medical industry is advanced, there are minimally invasive methods are available that are enabled with the help of the computer navigation technology. Resultantly, there will be a very small incision needed compared to the previous surgical methods and so the recovery will be better and sooner without many complications involved in the surgery.
What are its Risks and Complications?
There can be certain immediate risks or long term risks associated, just like the other surgical procedures. Though these risks and complications are rare, the surgeries are needed to be performed by keeping these risks and complications in consideration.
The immediate risks associated with the joint replacement surgery are:
- Infection happening during or immediately after the surgery is performed. This infection can be either superficial infection or deep infection, which vary from case to case.
- The other problem or immediate risk is the dislocation, through which joint could probably dislocate.
Long term risks
- There is a possibility of the loosening of the components, in case the placement of the joints is not placed in the right way.
- There is also a probability of the wear of the surfaces that are weight-bearing. This condition is also called as a polyethylene synovitis.
The recovery after the surgery will take a couple of weeks and physiotherapy can fasten the recovery of the patient, to get back to the normal and regular activities.